The council supports rural community buildings in a number of ways:
Where buildings are registered charities they can apply for and receive rate relief. 80% relief is mandatory for charities and the remaining 20 percent is dependent on the location and range of activities that take place within the building.
The rural policy and partnership service support the retention and development of rural community buildings by raising awareness of issues, responding to consultations on regulatory regimes and strategic development. For further information:
The councils external funding team provide advice and support to rural community buildings.
The East Riding Association of Rural Community Buildings was formed in September 2011 to provide mutual support and advice to village halls and rural community buildings. This allows volunteers to come together to exchange ideas, receive training, share equipment and work together to achieve discounts through suppliers of insurance and other services.
For more information please visit:
East Riding Association of Rural Community Buildings (external website)