Resident Permits are a virtual permit and are purchased through the MiPermit system. You input your vehicle registration mark when purchasing a permit, then when a Civil Enforcement Officer checks the registration mark on their handheld computer, they can view your permit details.
To apply for a Resident Permit you will need your Council Tax Reference Number; this can be found on your Council Tax bill. If you are unable to locate your Council Tax Reference Number please contact the Council Tax Department on (01482) 393939.
Resident Permits are paid for using a credit or debit card, so please also have this to hand when purchasing a permit.
To set up a MiPermit account and purchase a Resident Permit:
- Go to the MiPermit website using the button below:
- Click on the 'Register/Login' button
- Click on the 'MIPERMIT GLOBAL PORTAL – MiPermit Ltd' button
- Click on the 'Digital Permits' button
- Click on the 'East Riding of Yorkshire Council' button
- Click on the 'Residents Permits' button
- Follow instructions on-screen to apply for a Resident Permit.
Once you have set up a MiPermit account and purchased a Resident Permit, you will be able to view/amend your permit at any time by logging into your MiPermit account and clicking 'Manage Digital Permits'.
If you need any assistance using the MiPermit system please contact MiPermit directly on 0345 520 7007. These calls cost the same as a national rate call, and from a mobile phone will be included in your minutes package (where applicable).