We may disclose your information to others, but only where this is necessary either to comply with legal obligations or as permitted by Data Protection legislation. We may share it with other public service bodies including the NHS, social care, the police and other local authorities.
The reasons why we may share your data with other public bodies are as follows:
- To protect vulnerable adults who may be at risk of harm or abuse
- To improve our understanding of your needs to enable us to inform you of other relevant leisure/ health services
- To monitor and improve our performance and delivery of services
- For the prevention and or detection of crime
- Where necessary to protect individuals from the risk of harm or injury
- Where otherwise permitted under the General Data Protection legislation.
ERL may also share your information with medical practitioners, within various health schemes, but only where this is necessary. The information sharing process is a two way process and agreed by the user prior to commencing the scheme. Information such as body mass index, weight, and other health-related figures are shared.
We will only disclose your sensitive or confidential information, such as medical details to a third party, if we are legally required to do so, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put you or someone else at risk of harm.
We will not pass your personal information to external organisations for marketing or sales purposes, or for any commercial use, without your prior expressed consent.